The Temagami area has 16 provincial parks and 26 conservation reserves, with the Lady Evelyn-Smoothwater wilderness-class park as the centrepiece. However, only 15% of the Temagami area is protected within either a provincial park or a conservation reserve.
FOT advocates for:
- Expanding Ontario Parks backcountry maintenance programs
- Reducing motorized access in Lady Evelyn-Smoothwater Park
- Keeping new industrial uses out of protected areas
- Increasing the size of Temagami's protected areas
- Adding the Wolf Lake Forest Reserve to the Chiniguchi Waterway Provincial Park